Saturday, May 4, 2013

Recent Findings

Hello. It's been a while, but here I am. A mixture of laziness, busyness, and apathy has kept me away but I'm back with a vengence. Recently I've made some kick-ass (and thrifty) purchases that I'm very excited about, therefore I've decided to post them! Prepare to be amazed. One thing I've found is that you never know what labels you'll find in a thrift shop. I personally like to google them in-store if I'm not familliar with them, and sometimes their origins turn out to be quite suprising-- and sometimes, not.

This little baby was discovered at the Collierville Goodwill, and I don't think I paid more than 5 bucks for it. Apparently "Fever" is a pretty common department store label, but who cares? It's adorable. Maybe this wasn't the most weather-conscious purchase, but I've never been one to shop seasonally.

I'm pretty excited about this other Goodwill find. I had no idea what "Celle Celle Celle" was when I bought this. My sister estimated that it was some Anthropologie brand that happily found its way into a donation bag. I googled it and found that it was made by a certain Calypso Christiane Celle, a St. Barth's designer with a chain of boutiques called Calypso. Not too shabby for five dollars!

Here's my new favorite! This darling little jacket was recovered from the new Collierville Plato's closet. If there's one thing I've learned, it's that hoods like Collierville are where it's at when it comes to recycled name brands. I paid around 10 bucks for this. And the hood is detachable, so that's sort of handy.

I saw this dress at the Goodwill and I'm pretty sure it winked at me. Then, I tried it on and it said, "Hello Madame. I look great on you. Let's take this to the next level," and I was like, "I hear what you're saying, but I only have 15 dollars left." Thankfully for both of us, it only cost me 10!

This is some kind of floral skort/romper hybrid and I very much like it. Also a Goodwill find, this was around 4 bucks because I think the cashier thought it was a shirt. It is quite short and in desperate need of ironing, but I can tell this will be one of my summer go-to's. "Have & Have" is a line from HAVE Fashion. According to their website, they've been serving "long-time, royal customers" since 1999. Seems legit...
 
Thanks for reading!


2 comments:

  1. I love all of these purchases! Macklemore would be so proud. This blog is such a hidden gem :).

    ReplyDelete